- Self-service analytics arm frontline clinicians and healthcare staff with the business intelligence to continually improve perinatal outcomes
- Premier dashboard provides key insights on COVID-19 effect on the maternal population, including variation in care and outcomes
CHARLOTTE, N.C.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Premier Inc. (NASDAQ: PINC) is advancing care for mothers and infants with the launch of its Perinatal Quality Dashboard that delivers self-service, actionable insights to support clinicians on the front lines of care delivery.
Premier’s industry-leading quality improvement solution, QualityAdvisor®, implemented in more than 1,300 hospitals across the U.S., now features an integrated, web-based Perinatal Quality Dashboard. Building on a pilot version used by more than 100 hospitals since 2017, the Perinatal Quality Dashboard is the industry’s only integrated analytics dashboard that aggregates and benchmarks more than 80 measures to help providers drill into patient-level detail, including payer mix and risk factors for COVID-19 maternal patients.
“Every mother and child deserve the best beginning possible, which is why we continue to look for new ways to enable our members with intelligence that puts them on the forefront of care delivery,” said Susan DeVore, CEO of Premier. “The healthcare industry has answered the call during COVID-19 by working 24/7 to care for community members and prevent disease progression. As providers enter the post-pandemic reality, they will rely even more on technology and business intelligence to assess variation and monitor outcomes across all their populations. Mothers and infants remain a vulnerable group and a dashboard such as this is integral in providers’ efforts to advance care.”
Premier’s Perinatal Quality Dashboard enables:
- Comprehensive analysis of risk-adjusted maternal and neonatal data sets in a user-friendly and intuitive web-based format;
- Comparative outcome reports, which include required regulatory and publicly reported quality indicators;
- Drill-down capabilities to include key drivers of performance improvement such as diagnoses, procedures and resources;
- Automatic, timely updates to view practitioner, facility and system-level performance and benchmark against peers nationwide;
- Analysis by operational metrics including payer, race, ethnicity, age and socioeconomic factors;
- Segmentation to target opportunity areas and analyze progress, such as quality bundle adherence by provider, care variation and outcomes related to high-risk populations;
- Monitoring of ongoing efforts to improve quality, efficiency, utilization and outcomes; and
- Seamless integration of The Joint Commission’s Perinatal Core Measures for organizations that subscribe to Premier’s core measures reporting platform, Quality Measures Reporter®.
As COVID-19 shifts care delivery including patients’ preferences in receiving care, providers depend on intelligence that analyzes trends and tracks potential risk factors so they can adjust care, avoid preventable complications and ensure quality outcomes. To support margin improvement efforts, Premier’s dashboard further enables providers to assess resource utilization for their COVID-19 maternal patients as well as variation in care, treatment and outcomes.
“While the industry’s focus has appropriately shifted to respond to COVID-19, the mandates for hospitals to measure and improve maternal and infant outcomes are continuing,” said Deb Kilday, MSN, who leads Premier’s Women and Infants Service Line. “Never before have our clinicians or healthcare organizations had the ability to benchmark and mine their data in this way, uniting the power of more than 1,300 providers in a manner that is directly meaningful. This is going to change the delivery of perinatal care for decades to come, enabling us as a nation to transition maternal and infant care from reactive to proactive.”
The Perinatal Quality Dashboard builds on Premier’s Bundle of Joy™ campaign, which launched in 2019 to advance care for mothers and infants.
About Premier Inc.
Premier Inc. (NASDAQ: PINC) is a leading healthcare improvement company, uniting an alliance of more than 4,000 U.S. hospitals and health systems and approximately 175,000 other providers and organizations to transform healthcare. With integrated data and analytics, collaboratives, supply chain solutions, and consulting and other services, Premier enables better care and outcomes at a lower cost. Premier plays a critical role in the rapidly evolving healthcare industry, collaborating with members to co-develop long-term innovations that reinvent and improve the way care is delivered to patients nationwide. Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Premier is passionate about transforming American healthcare. Please visit Premier’s news and investor sites on www.premierinc.com; as well as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram and Premier’s blog for more information about the company.
Amanda Forster, VP